Sunday 29 July 2012

Drunk if you sing, sing if you're drunk.

Have you ever been to a surprise party when they don't turn up?
I went to one last Friday night and that almost happened, we stood behind the doors for at least 15 minutes until she emerged. How awkward.

She did turn up though, and she was very surprised.
She said she didn't realise so many people cared about her, which is kinda sad- as she didn't realise, but happy because she realised by how many people were there to celebrate her 60th birthday.

During the party, I came to realise that karaoke should never happen unless people are drunk.
Everyone knows that there are gonna be terrible singers, but how are you supposed to laugh at them unless they're drunk?
It just made things awkward.

sorry the one on the right is blurry- camera had an off day at focusing.
Dress: Henry Holland at Debenhams
Belt: I own too many thin brown belts, who knows!
Sandals: Primark
Bracelet: Holiday.

Have you ever had a surprise party? Or actually think karaoke is the best thing invested?

Love, Elizabeth xx

I'm looking for some guest bloggers for whilst I'm away! Anyone interested?
email elizabeth254@hotmail.co.uk :)

Tweet Me: _lizabethstone
Instagram Me: _lizabethstone/

22 comments:

  1. Nice dress!you look perfect!Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on that dress are really pretty :) agreed karaoke should only but done drunk, or at least in a jokey way :P

    www.graceface140.blogspot.co.uk

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress hun - really suits you!
    I've never actually been to a suprise party-would be pretty awkward if they didnt turn up though! xxx

    zoeliannex.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely dress the colour looks really good on you (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress, looks fab on you xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dress and also hate karaoke, just because my sis is a fab singer and I'm bitter and jealous because I'm not!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that dress! I'm not into karaoke at all, my voice is just toooo bad, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh I hate karaoke, If I am made to do it (which happens a lot as there are two karaoke places here in Brighton) I turn the track up and put the mic so far from my face :D
    I had a surprise bday party for my 12th birthday! it was amazing, my friends arranged it at my house, and I made a big fuss as my mum made me go to the supermarket with her and I was like, WHYYYYYY its my birthday, I dont wannaaaaaaaa. But actually it was so all my friends could get in my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh karaoke is the best thing ever! It's been on my bucklet list for ages as I've always felt too embarrassed to try it until this year when I was drunk!! We organised a pre-party at the pub before town for my friends 18th. We were all sitting waiting for him to come in, when he did the room went into an awkward silence so we all shouted 'Whey!!'
    Turned out to be one of the best nights I've ever had.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit :) I'm terrible at Kareoke, I've only done it twice- once for my 18th and the other time when me and my friends were celebrating our A Level results, both were terrible!

    Fiona X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty dress :)! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful outfit!!!

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha! You had to be in such suspense waiting for the guest of honor to arrive. Glad they were able to make their big entrance.... Surprise!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous dress. love the print :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dress! And I agree - karaoke should only be done when drunk :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can get good ideas when I come here and enrich my experience in fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute dress! i love how it buttons in the front! also, i totally agree on the karaoke front. i won't do it unless i've consumed several drinks haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a lovely dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty dress! You look lovely :) x

    www.janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking gorgeous as usual lovely! Oh my god that would have been awkward of they hadn't turned up at all! I've never been to one or had one but I'd love to see the expression on someone's face! It all reminds me of What happens in Vegas when they do the party and he breaks up with her in front of everyone, so awful! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete