Thursday 1 March 2012

Odds and Ends.

Attempting to get back in the blogger seat, whilst doing 2 assignments, revising for 3 exams and have a life..yeah it's not going great haha.

I'm very grateful for all you lot who have sympathised about my awful date last week, it was horrific and I'm glad I seem to entertain you with my dating life...my friends seem to enjoy it too!

Anyway, I was a very fortunate winner in Rachel's (http://sweet--rachel.blogspot.com/) giveaway :D
I won a cupcake cookbook and I'm so looking forward to trying out the recipes. 
hello more procrastination.
As I'm in uni halls atm, all my most goes to the security centre and then we pick it up- so when I went to check whether my cookbook had arrived, I also got another package. Not gonna lie - getting post makes my week, cause nobody ever sends me anything...so to have 2 parcels was very exciting!
I ripped them open (well, wouldn't you?!) and I found my cookbook and a parcel from my parents!
They'd sent me 'Narnia: Voyage of the dawntreader' with a note saying "Saw this and thought of you".
Day/week/month made.


(I know it says rental viewing only, they bought it 2nd hand from blockbusters)

I would also like to share a new love with you, a pair of really old denim shorts.
I bought them when I was like 13/14 to go on holiday and then never wore them afterwards and they somehow managed to get to uni with me. I've only started to wear them in the past few weeks but have discovered I love them! I do have another pair of darker ones which are just cut up jeans, and they're less comfy but share the love <3 
So a couple OOTD including them :)


I am aware I look incredibly rough in these, but they were both taken at the end of the day, and I was exhausted haha
L-R
Demin shorts- Romford market (I've bought the most random things there!)
Leggings- Tesco/H&M
Top - was in a goody bag from Varsity (the bar) and was miles too big, so I cut and sewed it into something I'd wear- the back has their drink offers on haha.
Vest- Peacocks
Cardigan- Peacocks.
Necklace - Avon

Denim Shorts- Romford Market
Leggings- Tesco/H&M
Jumper- Charity shop
Necklace - A present

Although I'm sure you all know of this fab blog already.
However if you don't, I was interviewed by the lovely Rachael of Island Girl Insights, if you'd like to take a peek and look at my answers, let me know what you think :)
http://islandgirlinsights.blogspot.com/2012/02/be-my-guest-elizabeth-from-butterfly.html

On a completely different note- I was called a "Little Red Riding Hood skank" by a homeless man earlier. I was so offended!!
(I was wearing a red coat)

How are you lovely lot?
 xxx

23 comments:

  1. I love getting parcels too but I hate getting normal post as its normally bills haha. I read your interview as well, you cheeky monkey mentioning my blog :)

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah that's when post isn't as fun! Ah you saw it, haha well what I said was true :) xx

      Delete
  2. A cupcake cookbook? That's awesome! And so are your denim shorts :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I tried a recipe out if you'd like to see - on my most recent post! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aw what a lovely post! Well done for winning Rachel's giveaway and thank you so much for the kind shout out you did there, really made me smile! I love love those denim shorts and the t-shirt!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style!!!!

    That cupcake books looks amazing <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) ahh it is, they all look yummy! xx

      Delete
  5. Well good job on the interview!!! Proud blogger here ;) the Jean shorts are super cute good luck with the exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, ahh thank you, I'll need it ha! xx

      Delete
  6. What? A homeless man was making fun of your coat? That seems so weird...
    And your parents are so sweet to send you a little gift in the mail! I love opening my mailbox and finding surprises!
    Oh, and now I want a cupcake. Darn it!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really weird ha! It is really lovely of them. Ah the ones i made were lovely :) xx

      Delete
  7. Cute blog!! Have fun with the cupcakes! :)

    heatherhoneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats soo strange the a homeless man would offend you and you're coat! But any way i just found you're blog and i absolutely loves it! You're OOTD looks like something that i would wear especially the one on the right
    I always find the nicest things in charity shops!and for such a bargain:O
    and that's so cute of you're parents<3
    Happy Writing
    Lu xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its crazy isn't it!
      Ah thank you so much, it means a lot!
      It really is :) xx

      Delete
  9. great post

    your newest follower Michelle
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!
    I tagged you in a 12 question tag thing!
    - Summer

    P.S Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your blog babe! Your shorts are gorgeous!
    http://zoeliannex.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit, your outfits look so comfy! I love getting parcels too, especially surprise ones or things you've forgotten about. There's nothing better then an old fashion hand written letter too! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god. I love what you're wearing. Especially the second one.
    You're beautiful :)
    - Summer
    chanceofcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete