Wednesday 28 March 2012

Ice cream and frog legs.

How is it March and this warm? I know there's global warming and all that...but March, really? 
From the past 4 days out in the sunshine I've gained more tan lines that I think I did in most summer holidays in England. 
Alas, they're not the sexy bikini tan lines which guys fantasise about, they are the tan lines that girls know in reality.
They're the 'oops my bra strap wasn't quite under my top - now I have one more stupid stripe across my shoulder' and the 'my top wasn't quite straight round my chest..now I have a wiggly line'
Attractive right?

As I mentioned in my last post - I now have an iPhone! Yay! The state my blackberry was in doesn't bare thinking about, so I was overdue a new one. Now Cam (phone holder haha) has a nice new shiny toy for it :)
Has anyone got any suggestions for apps? The past few weeks at uni I've just stolen my friends iPhone and have constantly been playing 'Draw Something' on it, yes now I am officially an addict!
My drawing skills are shocking, and me drawing bagpipes? Well, let's just say he needed a bit of help with guessing that one.. haha.
I've joined instagram too! So if anyone else is on it, my name's : lizinadream :)

Today, I went to the park with some of my old sixth form friends, it was lovely. And I had my first ice cream of the summer! Bliss. It wasn't some fake ice cream either (you know the type...the fake type) it was a proper ice cream with proper flakes in it. Literally made my day.

Here's what I wore:


Change of location due to being at home! :)

Skirt: Primark - was only a £1 in the January Sales!
Top: More a dress tucked in... I bought it to be an angel for fancy dress when I was about 12, but it's faaaaar to seethrough to wear as a dress, if I wore it with leggings I'd look like a bat in a veil..well not really, just a very dark thing trying to hide the fact that it's black by very thin material..
That was a far to irrelevant ramble about the top/dress!

I braved my legs- I've no idea why, I just looked so pale next to everyone! Hopefully they picked up some colour too (and didn't go striped tanned) and people wont be blinded by my paleness!

A couple photos of the day :)
 This is Cat, she was my best friend in sixth form <3

I'm aware my leg looks like a frog, and I look like a weirdo. What's new?


Hope you're enjoying the sunshine!!
xxx

30 comments:

  1. Love the skirt hun!
    Yes I am so familar with the Real suntan lines :( not nice :(
    Looks like you had a lovely time and catch up!

    zoeliannex.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the tan lines are so unattractive, on me anyway haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I cant believe that skirt was only a quid, its gorgeous. Glad you had fun, I'm very much enjoying the weather at the moment too.

    B xxx
    backfortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was such a find, however it is literally the worst made thing everrr, I lost 3 buttons before I wore it for the first time. After I hunted down some replacements, I took off all the buttons and sewed them on myself properly haha! xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that skirt you're wearing - too cute! And I don't have an iphone - but I keep stealing the hubs so I can play Draw Something - so fun :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog titles, they are always so weird and funny! Sounds like you had a lovely time, I can't believe the weather either and we can have ice cream already! Have fun with your iPhone, I know some apps can be so addictive! Connect 4 is very addictive! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I try to name them something that makes people want to read :)

      Ohh I need to get connect 4 :) xx

      Delete
  5. Really great outfit :) It only cost 1$? Omg, How great is that!

    Your day with your friend sound like fun :)

    xoxo ♥

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have the tan lines where my bra and my top weren't quite in line. I say tan, I mean accidental burn :( didn't realise quite how hot it was until it was too late!
    I really like your skirt, it's cute :)
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that sucks, it happens way too often! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely day hun :) I've been in the garden constantly for the last few days - I look like a lobster haha :p xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha didn't you hear, the lobster look is new fashion haha! xx

      Delete
  8. Welcome to the iphone clan, you just won't be able to give it up now that you have one!
    Apps I would recommend include Decopic (free) if you like to decorate your pictures in a cute way, Frametastic if you want to put pictures together as one, tweegram if you twitter and photography and Bloglovin.

    Hope you find that useful, am going to do a blog post soon on some of my favourite apps

    YY x
    http://lifethroughanumberoflenses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely blog!!! maybe you cold take a look at mine and we could follow each other? xo!!

    http://giobusato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for visiting and following my blog hun.. ive followed yours as well. i love the layout of your blog.
    http://antique-purple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the skirt :)

    http://russiandolls-ac.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the sunshine. I just hope it lasts all weekend!

    The skirt is tres pretty, and let's hold the torch for palenes (whatever that means...basically I'm just as pale! Go us!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey missus, I've awarded you an award

    http://www.backfortea.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/blogger-appreciation-award.html

    Muchos love,

    B xxx
    backfortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute post :)

    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures :) The skirt it's beautiful!

    http://russiandolls-ac.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete