Saturday 11 February 2012

Shopping till I'm poor. Check.

I feel like I've been MIA in blogging world! In reality it's only been 4 days (my last post was scheduled as I knew I wouldn't get on here) So major apologies if you get a flurry of comments from me on your posts haha, I'm just catching up!
So my mum came to stay in Bangor for a few days, which has been lovely! I haven't felt as homesick this semester but seeing her has made me feel a lot better anyways :)
We went on a few adventures around North Wales; like going to church island in Anglesey (its an island with just a church, graveyard and a war memorial!) going to the pier and a costal walk in Bangor, and a day out in Llandudno where there are actual shops!! This is a big deal, cause the shopping in Bangor is shocking haha.

Here are a couple of pictures from our walk on church island :)
Unfortunately, we were in Wales- which meant that is was horrible weather, rainy, misty and cold on for the pier and Llandudno so wasn't able to take any pictures of where we were!
I've been in search of a gold button for one of my skirts (there are buttons all down the front, and one's missing from right in the middle, inappropriaaaaate haha), and would you believe there is no where in Bangor that sells buttons.. I have no idea what welsh people do when they need buttons!!
So my next plan was to buy something in a charity shop with a gold button which I could use, I'm not sure what my logic was- but I thought it was a good idea at the time. So me and my mum went on a gold button hunt in every charity shop there is around..and didn't find one. BUT I did find a packet of broaches which I could transform into a button for 50p..score.

Anyway, whilst I was in the Charity Shop I saw a few gems, and I couldn't resist!
I bought this blazer for £4.99, it's a Tigi one and is a size 10-12. Granted it is too big for me, but with the sleeves rolled up and the buttons aren't done up, you can't even tell! I was mega pleased :)



I also saw a jumper I loved, but my mum was there and she gave me the "You're a very poor student, you shouldn't be shopping" look. So I resisted.
Until today.
Haha, I was very naughty and went shopping today (my mum had gone home). I was sat in my room watching tv and just dreaming over this jumper. It was calling me! So I bought it...oops.
It was also £4.99, from M&S and is a size 16. Again, it's far too big. But it's just on trend, an oversized chunky knit! :) It does smell like where my nan lives haha, but other than that ;)



I also went to Superdrug...well, if I was going to shop, I had to do it right.
And bought a lipstick and nail varnish. Both Miss Sporty (my budget is tight..she says as she's shopping haha).


              058, Malaga                               No idea what number it is - from the clubbing colours range!

Apologies from the awful quality of light - the flash makes everything go weird.

Whilst shopping yesterday, my mum bought me these :) They were on sale in Dorothy Perkins, £9.50 down to £1!! I was shocked and amazed :)



I also bought some books from a charity shop, 2 for £2, I was very impressed! And I finally bought my dad's birthday present (only 2 weeks late haha)

This week it worked out that I either was ill or my mum was here the nights everyone went out! So I'm making up for it tonight, it's gonna be fun :) 
I'll take a few pics of my outfit, I also cut my own hair this morning (I'm not sure what came over me haha), nothing dramatic, just a bit more of a fringe and shorter..!

How has everybodys weeks been?
xxxx

28 comments:

  1. What lovely pieces! shopping is a huge weakness of mine, I get my paycheck then go buy myself stuff. Lol.


    xo

    Haylee

    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! Whenever I don't spend so much on biscuits one week I think that gives me an excuse to go shopping ha!

      Delete
  2. Resisting shopping is pretty much impossible, hahaha!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace and earrings! The Blazer is adorbs too. It would look amazing with a white lace dress :) and a belt around the middle. You are adorable. Love your style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you :) am on the lookout for a white lace dress! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love the jumper I think this will look wicked on and a complete bargain! Xx
    http://deardollyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It totally was - I wore it yesterday and got so many compliments on it, they couldn't believe it when I said I got it from a charity shop! xx

      Delete
  5. lovely blog!!! take a look at mine and follow me on bloglovin if you want ;)

    www.therollingpictures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Ah thank you- I've wanted one for ages and finally found one I love! xx

      Delete
  7. love the lipstick and polish!

    following your cute blog. :)

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that blazer! whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I checked your blog and I like it so much!
    Visit my blog and if u want, we can follow each other!

    have a wonderful Sunday!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hope your Sunday was good too xx

      Delete
  10. I say it's not what's on the label, it's in the fit, however you want to wear it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love charity shop shopping because you don't feel as guilty as you know the moneys going to a good cause...that's my justification anyway. Love the jumper, looks so cosy.

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thats so true! Total excuse to go shopping some more ha xx

      Delete
  12. Haha shopping it really does put a dent in everyones bank account, but still long live retail therapy! Loving what you bought, the cable knit jumper looks so warm and comfy for winter :)
    x
    awomanlikeme-sim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be an absolute find when I wore it yesterday :) xx

      Delete
  13. Glad you had a nice time, lovely pictures even if it is very cold! Love your gems from the charity shop! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete